- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups water
- 2 packages (15.4 ounces each) nut quick bread mix
- 3 cups mixed candied fruit
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups raisins
- Line three 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs and water. Stir in the bread mixes, candied fruit, pecans and raisins. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Carefully remove foil. Wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Store in the refrigerator for several days to mellow. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Festive Fruitcakes in Reminisce December/January 2012, p51
Reviews for Festive Fruitcakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >