Festive Fruit Tart
"Wow!" is what you'll hear when you serve this impressive dessert to company. "The tart is not only pretty, it's also easy to make," notes Nancy Adams of Hancock, New Hampshire.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 medium ripe peach or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in.
- tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the
- bottom with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1/2
- teaspoon almond extract until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange
- fruit over cream cheese mixture.
- In a microwave, heat preserves and remaining extract, uncovered, on
- high for 20-30 seconds or until warm. Brush over fruit. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 264 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium,