Festive Fruit Tart Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 medium ripe peach or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture.
- 3. In a microwave, heat preserves and remaining extract, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until warm. Brush over fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 264 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Festive Fruit Tart
"Could not taste anything but overpowering almond. May as well have saved my fruit. There was nothing tartlike about this, unless you count white stuff in a crust. It also had a really gross mouth feel. Will not be trying again."
"This is so easy and so delicious! We make it several times during the summer. I use kiwi instead of peaches in the center."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.