"Wow!" is what you'll hear when you serve this impressive dessert to company. "The tart is not only pretty, it's also easy to make," notes Nancy Adams of Hancock, New Hampshire.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 medium ripe peach or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture.
- In a microwave, heat preserves and remaining extract, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until warm. Brush over fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Fruit Tart in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Festive Fruit Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review