Festive Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pears, drained and chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour; stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the oranges, pears, kiwi, apples, pecans and reserved pineapple. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Festive Fruit Salad (2)
Sort By :
I LOVE this recipe!! The only changes I make----I use fresh pears and also add strawberries, blueberries, and grapes!! The combinations are endless. I especially enjoy using honey crisp apples. Thank you, Julianne Johnson!!!
It was in November of 2003 while I was pregnant with my first child and my nesting instincts were in full force that I first found this recipe. I am writing to say...it has been enthusiastically requested every fall since. I love this recipe!!