- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pastry shells, baked (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in pie filling and pineapple. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin. Cool. Stir in bananas and pecans.
- Pour into pie shells. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Festive Fruit Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p44
Reviews for Festive Fruit Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review