Festive Fruit N Franks Recipe
A zesty mix of apricot preserves, pineapple, mandarin oranges and apple gives a sweet treatment to cocktail franks. Serve this and you'll receive compliments galore.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large red apple, cut into chunks
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth. Add the preserves and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add sausage and pineapple; stir to coat. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in oranges and apple. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC