Not quite as thin as true crepes, these light-as-a-feather pancakes are topped with preserves and a dusting of confectioners' sugar. They're elegant, so easy to make and say "Joyeux Noel" with delicious French flair!
Featured In: 17 Festive Christmas Brunch Ideas
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preserves of your choice, optional
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, water and vanilla; cover and process until well blended. Combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Cover and process until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Spread preserves over pancakes if desired; roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Festive French Pancakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p14
Reviews for Festive French Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013
"Yummy... I fill them with whatever fruit I have and top them with vanilla flavoured custard cream. No confectioners sugar needed. Kids absolutely love it."