Festive Filets Recipe
"When the weather's not right for outdoor cooking and you want an outstanding steak, this recipe is the answer," assures Donna Cline of Pensacola, Florida. "We like the zippy gravy so much we don't wait for inclement evenings to fix this."
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare gravy according to package directions; add mushrooms and horseradish. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Season with pepper. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 268 calories, 714 mg sodium, 88 mg cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 33 gm protein, 11 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Festive Filets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC