VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare gravy according to package directions; add mushrooms and horseradish. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Season with pepper. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Festive Filets in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p16