Festive Fettuccini Primavera Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3/4 cup broth to a boil. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, onion, basil and salt. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes and sour cream.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add the vegetable mixture, cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 229 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Festive Fettuccini Primavera
"It was quite a bit of work to make. The flavor was ok but did not taste like alfredo. I will try something different next time."
"Delicious dinner and actually tastes just as good as Fettuccine Alfredo made with heavy whipping cream."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.