Festive Fettuccini Primavera Recipe
Colorful crisp-tender vegetables give plenty of eye-appeal to this pasta dish from Mel Miller of Perkins, Oklahoma. Low-fat ingredients compliment the sauce’s rich taste.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3/4 cup broth to a boil. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, onion, basil and salt. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes and sour cream.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add the vegetable mixture, cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Primavera in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Festive Fettuccini Primavera(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >