Fall is my favorite season and I love the foods of autumn, such as mushrooms, squash, apples and walnuts. I combined these all with pasta to make a delicious side dish perfect for sharing at a potluck; the recipe can easily be doubled and can be served either warm or at room temperature. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-3/4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1/4-inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup cubed smoked Gouda cheese (about 1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, squash and poultry seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add apple, apple juice concentrate, vinegar and onion; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
- Drain tortellini; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, walnuts, cheese and parsley; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Festive Tortellini Toss in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Festive Fall Tortellini Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review