This colorful dish is great for all parties and festivities. My daughter loves helping to prepare it! —Donna Kollar, Austintown, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with
- salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without chips) equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.