Festive Cranberry Salad
This cool, tangy salad always prompts recipe requests. It must be the combination of tart cranberries, sweet pineapple and pecans in a fluffy base. I appreciate how easy it is to prepare.
-Denise Goedeken, Platte Center, Nebraska
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in pineapple,
- cranberry sauce, marshmallows, pecans and food coloring if desired.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 227 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.