Festive Cranberry Relish Salad Recipe
My three grown daughters and their families are very fond of this festive-looking salad. It's on our buffet table every Christmas.—Edna Means, Iola, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in concentrate. Combine cranberries, apple and sugar; add to gelatin mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving dish. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC