These cookies that I adapted from another recipe call to mind ones my mother used to bake. Instead of stirring in raisins like she did, though, I add bright red cranberries for festive flair.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3-in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p34
Reviews for Festive Cranberry Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
"For the price of these ingredients, the taste just wasn't what I expected."