Festive Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
My family loves pork prepared in this festive way. You'll find that this succulent roast, with its tangy ruby glaze, is an entree that you, too, will be proud to serve at the holidays year after year.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 12 small whole onions
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place roast, fat side up, in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Place onions around roast, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, cornstarch, orange peel, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon 3/4 cup over roast and onions; set remaining sauce aside.
- 3. Bake, basting occasionally, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°-170° and onions are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Heat reserved sauce; serve with roast and onions. Yield: 12-14 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 192 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Festive Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC