My family loves pork prepared in this festive way. You'll find that this succulent roast, with its tangy ruby glaze, is an entree that you, too, will be proud to serve at the holidays year after year.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 12 small whole onions
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place roast, fat side up, in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Place onions around roast, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, cornstarch, orange peel, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon 3/4 cup over roast and onions; set remaining sauce aside.
- Bake, basting occasionally, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°-170° and onions are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Heat reserved sauce; serve with roast and onions. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p25
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Festive Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review