- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 12 small whole onions
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place roast, fat side up, in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Place onions around roast, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, cornstarch, orange peel, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon 3/4 cup over roast and onions; set remaining sauce aside.
- Bake, basting occasionally, 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°-170° and onions are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Heat reserved sauce; serve with roast and onions. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p25
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Festive Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review