Festive Cranberry Fruit Salad
This fruit salad is a tradition on my Christmas table. It goes together quickly, which is a plus on such a busy day.
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 medium apples, diced
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add cranberry
- mixture; stir gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.