Festive Cranberry Dessert Squares Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch caramel fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, oats, butter and brown sugar; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine flour and ice cream topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle the cranberry mixture, dates and nuts over crust; drizzle with ice cream topping mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel Fudge Topping.
1 each: 334 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.