Festive Cranberry Dessert Squares Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch caramel fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, oats, butter and brown sugar; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine flour and ice cream topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle the cranberry mixture, dates and nuts over crust; drizzle with ice cream topping mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15-18 servings.
1 each: 334 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Festive Cranberry Dessert Squares
"Cut in small bars. So tasty & nice for Christmas or Valentines treat.MJG"
"It is yummy! In place of the boxed bread mix you can use 2 c. each flour & quick oats, 1/2 c. each sugar & brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. baking soda."