For a deluxe side dish that's easy yet has big impact, I whip up this recipe. It features corn and peppers in a comforting cream cheese sauce.
Recommended: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute peppers and onions in butter until tender. Add cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper and dill. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add corn; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Festive Corn in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p29
Reviews forFestive Corn
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
"Loved it! Very simple and easy to make!"