Festive Corn Bread Salad Recipe
This lightly sweet, fresh-tasting salad was devoured by the guests at my Southwestern theme party. The unusual combination of tasty ingredients brought them back for seconds. -Dean Schrock, Jacksonville, Florida
- 5 cups cubed corn bread or 6 corn bread muffins
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place corn bread cubes in a large salad bowl (or crumble muffins into bowl). Combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper, bacon and relish; add to corn bread. Combine mayonnaise and pickle juice; mix well. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 328 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC