Festive Corn 'n' Broccoli
If you have it, use 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil instead of dried and two to three ears of sweet corn (cut fresh from cob, about 1 cup) for the Mexicorn. Lucile Throgmorton - Clovis, New Mexico
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, combine the broccoli, corn and butter; cook over
- medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in the basil, salt, garlic
- powder and pepper. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 135 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.