I hate to fall into a mealtime rut, so I'm always trying something new. This chicken is a wonderful dish when there's only tow at the table. Bacon, soy sauce and spices add lively flavor.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Wrap two bacon strips around each chicken breast; place skin side
- down in a shallow glass baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup
- marinade over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining
- Drain and discard marinade. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with
- reserved marinade.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 537 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 3,208 mg sodium,