I hate to fall into a mealtime rut, so I'm always trying something new. This chicken is a wonderful dish when there's only tow at the table. Bacon, soy sauce and spices add lively flavor.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Wrap two bacon strips around each chicken breast; place skin side down in a shallow glass baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Festive Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Festive Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review