Festive Cheese Beach Ball Recipe
Made to resemble a beach ball, this appetizer always rounds up compliments. It's filled with a variety of cheese, and each cut through the ball gives guests a taste along with garnishes of their choice.—Florence McClelland, Fredonia, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:56 servings
- 6 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cooked tiny shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine two packages of cream cheese and blue cheese until smooth. In a another large bowl, combine two packages of cream cheese and cheddar cheese; set aside. In a third bowl, beat the remaining cream cheese until fluffy; add the onions and garlic.
- 2. In a 2-qt. bowl lined with plastic wrap, layer each portion of cream cheese. Invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap and shape into a ball.
- 3. With a sharp knife, score eight sections on the ball. Sprinkle each section with one of the toppings and press lightly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 7 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 49 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC