Festive Cheese Beach Ball Recipe
- 6 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cooked tiny shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine two packages of cream cheese and blue cheese until smooth. In a another large bowl, combine two packages of cream cheese and cheddar cheese; set aside. In a third bowl, beat the remaining cream cheese until fluffy; add the onions and garlic.
- In a 2-qt. bowl lined with plastic wrap, layer each portion of cream cheese. Invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap and shape into a ball.
- With a sharp knife, score eight sections on the ball. Sprinkle each section with one of the toppings and press lightly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Festive Cheese Beach Ball in Country Woman July/August 2003, p24
Reviews for Festive Cheese Beach Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2010
"This recipe is absolutely the best cheese ball I have ever made. I don't use some of the suggested toppings but, most. I don't like shrimp, so I may sub with chives!! You must try!!!"