Festive Cabbage Salad
Our family doesn’t care for traditional coleslaw, but this cabbage salad always has them begging for more. It’s great for picnics and tailgate parties.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, onions and tomato. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar,
- celery seed, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and
- toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Add avocado just
- before serving; toss gently to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 206 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.