Festive Cabbage Salad Recipe
Our family doesn’t care for traditional coleslaw, but this cabbage salad always has them begging for more. It’s great for picnics and tailgate parties.
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, onions and tomato. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Add avocado just before serving; toss gently to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Festive Cabbage Salad in Country June/July 2007, p49
Reviews for Festive Cabbage Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Coleslaw Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >