Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad Recipe
I came up with this recipe when unexpected company arrived and I didn't have enough lettuce and tomatoes on hand to make a traditional salad. Everyone enjoyed it so much that it became a regular at our table. —Avanell Hewitt, North Richland Hills, Texas
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup small pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, salad dressing, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dill. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 14 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 253 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC