- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup small pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, salad dressing, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dill. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 14 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad
"I also add raisins"
"Made this for a birthday celebration at work and got rave reviews. Making it again tomorrow for a last luncheon at work since our jobs are being moved to another state. I love this recipe"
"I loved loved this salad."
"I suggest adding bacon to this recipe and using shredded cheese instead of cubed cheese."
"This is a delicious salad. One that is easy to prepare and seems to go well with almost anything. I love salads that have a crunch to them and as such usually add nuts or croutons to any that I make, but this salad did not need anything added to it, for it is naturally crisp. I did add a tablespoon of sour cream to the dressing to make it a bit creamier."