Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup small pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, salad dressing, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dill. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 14 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad(16)
Sort By :
I followed the suggestions of others and cut everything much smaller except the julienned green pepper and sliced onion. It was really good. I brought it to a family party and it was devoured. I was actually wishing we had some left over cause I was craving it today to have with my lunch.
Absolutley delicious! I made this on the 4th of July instead of a traditional potato or pasta salad, Everyone loved it.
I made the salad the day before I needed to serve it for the 4th of July. It was great and my guests loved it. The serving amount is exactly right on. Next time I make it I intend to make it a meal and add ham cubes or chicken.
We blanched the cauliflower and broccoli first. Wish we would have chopped them smaller and blanched them. We used shredded cheese instead of cubed. Our family just didn't care for the flavor, especially the second day. I did like the choice of veggies though and will use that part of the recipe in straight ranch next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >