- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped navel orange
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped green maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine flours and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk, stirring with a fork until mixture forms a soft dough. Fold in the cranberries, orange, pineapple and cherries.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. x 1-in. strips; place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 11-5 minutes or until golden brown. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over strips. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Festive Biscuit Strips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p47
Reviews for Festive Biscuit Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2010
"This recipe came at the perfect time. I love fruitcake, but my family doesn't. I'm anxious to try this one out on them."