- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the chili sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Festive Bean Salad
"Definitely better the next day. I actually didn't really like it on the first night and almost threw it out. Glad I tried it again the next day!"
"This salad is great and even better the next day. Easy to prepare. A winner."
"This is a great, different bean salad. Wonderful to send in my husband's summer lunches. Good protein but lower in fat than many salads."
"Family doesn't eat black olives, so I omitted them. Yummy. Nice texture combinations."