I had experimented with all kinds of bean salads before I hit on this one. My husband loves all the different bean varieties, and corn adds to the color and texture.—Dale Benoit, Monson, Massachusetts
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the chili sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Colorful Bean Salad in Country Woman June/July 2011, p48
Reviews for Festive Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review