Festive Bean 'n' Pepper Bundles
This is a beautiful, interesting way to prepare vegetables for Christmas dinner. The flavor pairs well with a variety of entrees.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, bouillon and garlic powder;
- cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes
- or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-in. slices. Hollow out centers, leaving 1/4-in.
- rings; discard the centers. Thread beans and peppers through squash
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with
- butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- zucchini is crisp-tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.