Festive Bean 'n' Pepper Bundles Recipe
This is a beautiful, interesting way to prepare vegetables for a holiday dinner. The flavor pairs well with a variety of entrees. —Judith Krucki, Lake Orion, Michigan
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, bouillon and garlic powder; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Cut zucchini into 1/2-in. slices. Hollow out centers, leaving 1/4-in. rings; discard the centers. Thread beans and peppers through squash rings.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 57 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Festive Bean 'n' Pepper Bundles
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2009
"Quick, easy, festive and tasty"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC