Festive Bean 'n' Pepper Bundles Recipe
This is a beautiful, interesting way to prepare vegetables for a holiday dinner. The flavor pairs well with a variety of entrees. —Judith Krucki, Lake Orion, Michigan
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, bouillon and garlic powder; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Cut zucchini into 1/2-in. slices. Hollow out centers, leaving 1/4-in. rings; discard the centers. Thread beans and peppers through squash rings.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 57 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Festive Bean 'n' Pepper Bundles
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC