Festive Baked Brie Recipe
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Dash pepper
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter and oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, parsley, basil and pepper. Remove rind from the top of the Brie; place Brie in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Top with tomato mixture and onion mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 172 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Festive Baked Brie
"I made this for my extended family. They really enjoyed it."
"This was really nice and flavorful. It was a bit like a brushetta with creamy brie!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer