- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Dash pepper
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter and oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, parsley, basil and pepper. Remove rind from the top of the Brie; place Brie in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Top with tomato mixture and onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFestive Baked Brie
"I made this for my extended family. They really enjoyed it."
"This was really nice and flavorful. It was a bit like a brushetta with creamy brie!"