Festive Baked Brie Recipe
Rich, smooth Brie cheese accented with caramelized onions is reminiscent of fondue. With a red and green tomato and herb topping, it's quite a showpiece on a holiday table.
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Dash pepper
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter and oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, parsley, basil and pepper. Remove rind from the top of the Brie; place Brie in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Top with tomato mixture and onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Festive Baked Brie in Country Woman November/December 2006, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Festive Baked Brie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Brie >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >