Festive Apricot Tart Recipe
I like to bring dishes to potlucks that are a little different from others. Everyone reaches for this attractive apricot tart.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, well drained
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Add flour; beat until well mixed. Press dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Prick well with a fork; chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Stir in pudding until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over crust.
- 4. Arrange apricots over filling. Combine jam and remaining lemon juice; brush over apricots. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 443 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC