Festive Apple Dip Recipe
I came up with this layered peanut butter treat when my dad gave me a big bag of apples. The dip has been one of my favorites ever since. In addition to serving it with apples, try it with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, banana chunks or animal crackers.—Theresa Tometich, Coralville, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed nuts or chopped peanuts
- 3 each medium red and green apples, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth; stir in marshmallows.
- 2. Spoon half into a 3-cup bowl; spread with half of the hot fudge topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with nuts. Toss the apples with lemon juice. Serve immediately with dip. Yield: about 2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 410 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC