- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed nuts or chopped peanuts
- 3 each medium red and green apples, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth; stir in marshmallows.
- Spoon half into a 3-cup bowl; spread with half of the hot fudge topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with nuts. Toss the apples with lemon juice. Serve immediately with dip. Yield: about 2 cups.
Reviews for Festive Apple Dip
Sort By :
"Excellent! Several people asked for the recipe. Like another reviewer, I used marshmallow cream rather than miniature marshmallows."
"LOVED IT!!! I used marshmallow creme instead of the mini marshmallows... also used bananas, YUM, and asian pears. I can't wait for fresh fruit!!"
"This is soooo good! I leave out the marshmallows. (They're not something I usually have on hand and I don't think they add anything to the dip.) If you don't happen to have peanuts to chop to sprinkle on top, don't worry. It'll still be a hit. This recipe is such a favorite everywhere I take it that I've lost count of how many times I've made it!"
"Fantastic! I brought this to my granddaughter's birthday party and it was a huge hit w/the kids especially. I replaced the choc sauce and marshmallows with applesauce and dried banana chips to cut back on the sugar. It was still awesome and made a beautiful presentation."
"I made this dip for a party and it was a HUGE hit! so good. everyone wanted the recipe."