Festive Apple-Cheese Log
With apples, pecans and cinnamon, this fun spread, from Anna Mayer of Fort Branch, Indiana, is almost like dessert.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tart apple
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted Vanilla wafers, sugar cookies or assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, apple, pecans and cinnamon. Shape
- into a log; roll in toasted pecans. Cover and refrigerate. Remove
- from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla
- wafers, cookies or crackers. Yield: 1 cheese log.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 104 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.