- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional chopped pecans, toasted Vanilla wafers, sugar cookies or assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, apple, pecans and cinnamon. Shape into a log; roll in toasted pecans. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla wafers, cookies or crackers. Yield: 1 cheese log.
Reviews for Festive Apple-Cheese Log
"Easy to make and pretty. I used 1/2 of a honey crisp apple, organic cream cheese, and 1 cup of toasted pecans for the outside. (For toasting nuts, I place them on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for 4 minutes, and use a timer.) Served with ritz crackers. My guests said it was very good."