- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil without stirring; boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, cook until berries pop and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; add to cranberry mixture. Stir in lemon juice. Cool. Add almonds.
- Spoon over cream cheese; serve with crackers. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews for Festive Appetizer Spread
Sort By :
I made this for a large family Thanksgiving pot-luck dinner. It got rave reviews and everyone wanted to know who brought it.
This was a huge hit on Thanksgiving! Everyone commented on how much they loved it. I added about 1/4 cup more of sugar though. It was enjoyed as an appetizer & we also ate it with our turkey and enjoyed it again with the leftovers! This one is definitely a keeper!!
This is also good with sliced, toasted almond sprinkled on top instead of slivered almonds.It makes for a beautiful presentation also