Our state is known for its cranberries, and there are many bogs in our area. I won first place with this recipe in a contest sponsored by our local newspaper.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil without stirring; boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, cook until berries pop and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; add to cranberry mixture. Stir in lemon juice. Cool. Add almonds.
- Spoon over cream cheese; serve with crackers. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Festive Appetizer Spread in Country October/November 1998, p49
Reviews for Festive Appetizer Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review