Festive Appetizer Spread Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil without stirring; boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, cook until berries pop and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; add to cranberry mixture. Stir in lemon juice. Cool. Add almonds.
- 3. Spoon over cream cheese; serve with crackers. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 cups.
Editor's Note: This sauce may also be served as an accompaniment to poultry or pork.
2 tablespoons: 97 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Festive Appetizer Spread
"Recipe was a hit at Thanksgiving. I recommend making the exact amounts in recipe-I tried making a half more and putting it on 1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese and it was too much topping. It was okay because I put the extra in a little dish to serve as a side cranberry relish.I did also dice dried apricots for little more texture. I will make this again!"
"This is also good with sliced, toasted almond sprinkled on top instead of slivered almonds.It makes for a beautiful presentation also"