Short on time during the holiday season? Mix up the dough for almond blondies and pop them in the oven. To add Christmas color, I sprinkle on red and green sugar before baking.—Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons each red and green colored sugars
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds, cinnamon and sugars. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
- Freeze option: Freeze bars, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Festive Almond Blondies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Festive Almond Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review