This is a salad I invented years ago when my sister's family had to go gluten-free. It has since become a family favorite, and Thanksgiving just isn't the same without our wild rice salad! —Aimee Day, Ferndale, Washington
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Rinse wild rice thoroughly; drain. In a small saucepan, combine water and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 50-55 minutes or until rice is fluffy and tender. Drain if necessary.
- Transfer rice to a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil; toss to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fennel Wild Rice Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p129
Reviews for Fennel Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review