Fennel Tea Cookies
These tender buttery tea cookies have a lovely fennel flavor and add a touch of elegance to any holiday cookie tray. Rolled in confectioners' sugar, they look like snowballs!
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, soak fennel seed in boiling water; set aside. In a
- large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg. Drain fennel seed. Combine the flour, baking soda and
- fennel seed; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll
- warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3