These tender buttery tea cookies have a lovely fennel flavor and add a touch of elegance to any holiday cookie tray. Rolled in confectioners' sugar, they look like snowballs!
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, soak fennel seed in boiling water; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Drain fennel seed. Combine the flour, baking soda and fennel seed; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Fennel Tea Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p42
Reviews for Fennel Tea Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2013
"These are really good. They're not overly sweet.There is a coupon for $1 off any two boxes of celestial seasonings tea here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/1-off-any-two-boxes-of-celestial-seasonings-tea.htmlIt would go great with these tea cookies. ;)"