Fennel-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 6 ounces farmer or fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, saute fennel in oil until crisp-tender. Add sugar and salt. Cook and stir for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until fennel is golden brown. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Cool potatoes for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 4. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, cheese, sour cream and fennel mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 500 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Fennel-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes
"I don't see any pine nuts in this recipe."
"Caramelized Garlic and Fennel are a perfect combo in this Italian-stuffed potato!"